Fèis Rois and Highland Culture Collective are delighted to announce that booking is now open for this residential weekend aimed at more recent learners of Gaelic who are currently in S1 – S3. This can be e.g. young people getting a Gaelic class once a week in school, working through Duolingo or other similar. It’s a good opportunity to learn a new Gaelic word or two from each other and our fun and supportive team of tutors as well as spend time with friends, meet new people and try different activities.
The cost is pay what you can with options to pay £0, £50, £75 and £100 for the weekend.
Activities & tutors
We are delighted to have a great team of tutors delivering a variety of activity sessions. They are:
Angela MacMillan – Art
Artair Donald – Drama
Calum Ferguson, FC Sonas – Football
Ewen Henderson – Group-work (music & Gaelic song)
3.30 – 4.15pm: Arrival at accommodation (The Old Brewery, Cromarty*) and settle in
4.15 – 5.30pm: Welcome & ice- breakers
5.30 – 6.30pm: Dinner
From 6.30pm: Free time & evening activities
From 8am: Breakfast
10am – 1pm (with break): Music or art.
1 – 2pm: Lunch
2 – 4pm: Music or art
4 – 5.30pm: Free time
5.30 – 7: Dinner
7pm onwards: Evening activities
From 8am: Breakfast
10 – 11.20am: Drama or football
11.20 – 11.40am: Break
11.40 – 1pm: Drama or football
1 – 3pm: Lunch, evaluation and closing activity.
3pm: Home time. Participants to be collected / make their own way home by prior arrangement.
*Accommodation address: Burnside Place, Cromarty IV11 8XQ. Arriving in Cromarty, follow the High Street down to the coast and turn right along Shore Street (sea on your left) for 400 yards.
Things to bring:
• A refillable water bottle. There will be plenty of places to clean and refill bottles.
• Warm and waterproof clothing.
• Any medication you need, if applicable.
• Hairdryer, if typically used.
• If choosing football– comfortable sports clothing and footwear for sessions outside.
• For those doing art – an old t-shirt you don’t mind getting paint on.
• For group-work – your music instrument, if you have one, and / or singing voice. We will have percussive instruments with us during the weekend. Contact Karen about borrowing another instrument.
Things you don’t need to bring:
• Towels & bedding
• Meals and snacks, as these will be provided though you may wish to bring a small snack or a small amount of money.
For any further queries about the weekends, please don’t hesitate to contact Karen.
The Old Brewery, Cromarty
Access InfoThe Old Brewery, Cromarty (Burnside Place, Cromarty IV11 8XQ).
The entrance door can be found on Shore Street and there is some parking in front of the venue. All the bedrooms are upstairs and can be only be accessed by the stairs.
The venue will be closed to the public during the weekend and as such, Fèis Rois and Highland Culture Collective will have exclusive access to it.
28 April - 30 April 2023
Tickets for this programme are available.Login to Book
No Account? Sign up here